The Fine Print
Concerning matters related to the Official Secrets Act, please note that all the papers here are papers which are already available on the public domain. The copyright of the papers remain with the authors and any views expressed is not the view of His Majesty's Government. Any usage of the materials must be acknowledged and to be used for academic use only. For any use other than academic, please contact the author or presenter of the papers directly.
Report of the Legislative Council (Hansard)
The Brunei Legislative Council (Majlis Mesyuarat Negara) was reconvened in September 2004 after more than two decades hiatus. Speeches of all the Honourable Members of the Legislative Council as reported ad verbatim in Hansard and the Pelita Brunei reports on the proceedings of the Council are available from the special page on Legislative Council. Please link here.
International HRD Convention
The ASEAN-EC Management Center held an international HRD Convention and Exhibition at the ICC from 18th to 20th January 2005. The three day convention featured many speakers speaking on different themes of the human resources issues. The convention was officiated by Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Masna and Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamed, the former Prime Minister of Malaysia gave the keynote address. All the available papers from the convention will be made available on a separate page depending on the availability of them being processed. Do check in often to see the papers. Please link here.
Financial Planning Seminar Papers
The Ministry of Finance through Tabung Amanah Pekerja Board organised the first of a series of seminars on financial planning. This is part of Ministry of Finance's efforts to educate the public on the need to plan their expenditure and savings throughout their lives and thus contribute towards higher savings rate for the country. All the papers from the first seminar (prepared by the Royal Bank of Canada, the Brunei Islamic Trust Fund, the Brunei Investment Agency and the American International Assurance Company) held on 31st March 2005 are available on a separate page. Please link here.
Papers for 9th Executive Development Program
Papers related to the 9th Executive Development Program for Senior Government Officials organised by the Public Service Department and University of Brunei Darussalam have been moved to its own webpage together with other materials. Please link here.
The 2005 National Day
The National Day 2005 Seminar with the theme "Bersepadu Memperkasa Mandiri Bangsa" ended on 1st April 2005. All the papers presented during the seminar are now on this website. Link here to get the papers (in tiff format).
- Politics, Administration and Vision: Implementation and Direction (National Day 2004 Seminar) (pdf)
Pehin Dato Hazair Abdullah, Permanent Secretary, Prime Minister's Office (now Deputy Minister of Health)
- Prime Minister's Office Strategic Planning Framework 2004 (pdf)
[Originally downloaded from Prime Minister's Office Website - www.pmo.gov.bn]
- Brunei Civil Service Vision for the 21st Century (pdf)
Management Services Department, Prime Minister's Office
- Civil Service Reforms and its Challenges (Commonwealth Advanced Seminar 2005, New Zealand) (pdf)
Dato Saifon Besar, Director-General, Public Service Department
- Preparing the Brunei Civil Service for the 21st Century (pdf)
Ghani Metussin, former Director of Civil Service Institute
- Reforms Initiatives in the Civil Service of Brunei Darussalam (Commonwealth Advanced Seminar 2005, New Zealand) (pdf)
Sabali Abas, Director Management Services Department
- Trends and Developments in Brunei Darussalam Civil Service (Country Paper for 9th ASEAN Conference on Civil Service Matters, Singapore 1997) (pdf)
- Human Resources Development: Brunei Administrative Service (BAS) (Technical Paper for 9th ASEAN Conference on Civil Service Matters, Singapore 1997) (pdf)
- Government and the Role of Civil Service in Revitalising Economy (Country Paper for 10th ASEAN Conference on Civil Service Matters, Thailand 1999) (pdf)
- The Executive Development Programme for Senior Government Officers (Technical Paper for 10th ASEAN Conference on Civil Service Matters, Thailand 1999) (pdf)
- Dynamic and Sustainable Development in Brunei Darussalam's Civil Service in the Era of Globalisation (Country Paper for 11th ASEAN Conference on Civil Service Matters, Vietnam 2001) (pdf)
- Decentralisation of Primary Health Care in Brunei Darussalam during Period of Economic Slowdown (Technical Paper for 11th ASEAN Conference on Civil Service Matters, Vietnam 2001) (pdf)
- Brunei Darussalam Public Sector Journey Towards E-Government (Country Paper for 12th ASEAN Conference on Civil Service Matters, Brunei Darussalam 2003) (pdf)
- Public Sector Modernisation Through The Treasury Accounting and Financial Information System (TAFIS) Project (Technical Paper for 12th ASEAN Conference on Civil Service Matters, Brunei Darussalam 2003) (pdf)
- Senior Executive Development Program (Country Paper for 13th ASEAN Conference on Civil Service Matters, Cambodia 2005) (pdf)
- E-Government Initiative: PMO-Net" (Technical Paper for 13th ASEAN Conference on Civil Service Matters, Cambodia 2005) (pdf)
- Brunei Darussalam's Initiatives towards developing a Corporate Culture (Country Paper for 14th ASEAN Conference on Civil Service Matters, Indonesia 2007) (pdf)
- Client's Charter - Towards a More Transparent and Accountable Public Service (Technical Paper for 14th ASEAN Conference on Civil Service Matters, Indonesia 2007) (pdf)
- Information Integration Process and Development in Implementing the Financial System (TAFIS) in Brunei Darussalam
Azhar Ahmad, Senior Systems Analyst, Information Technology Department, Ministry of Finance (pdf)
- National Information Technology Development and E-Business Initiatives in Brunei Darussalam
Yap Lye Tin, Senior Systems Analyst, Information Technology Department, Ministry of Finance (pdf)
- The ageing population of Brunei and its Economic consequences (Asia Pacific Population Journal 2002) (pdf)
- White Paper on Defence - Policies and Strategic Planning (pdf)
[downloaded from Ministry of Defence Website - www.mindef.gov.bn]
System of Brunei - Employees Trust Fund (World Bank) (pdf)
- Role of Tabung Amanah Pekerja in Fiscal and Monetary Policies - A Brief Analysis (Paper for MOF) (MS Word)
Oil and Gas